Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day Nam

Today did not start with coffee!!!  Instead it started with a stroll around the block and a nice relaxing breakfast before heading off to the university.  

This morning at the university we had our first of a series of culture classes.  The lecture was a little dry to begin with and I was seriously regretting my decision to not have some cafe sua da, but about half way through we started learning some really cool stuff.  After a short break we had a one hour language class in which we learned how to bargain; hopefully I will be able to put this to good use at the market.

Lunch at the reg.  I'm really starting to be a little weirded out by the food at this particular restaurant so I didn't eat much today.

We did not have a company visit this afternoon.  Instead we headed back to the university for some planned fun which I'm not usually about.  But it was actually fun today.  We started by breaking into four teams with both Vietnamese and American students on each team.  Our next task was to come up with a team name and "slogan" (which is what the UEF students were calling a team cheer). We let the Vietnamese students take the lead on this one and they decided our team name was "Blue Dynamite" and our slogan was "you want a piece of me, so come and get it."  Pretty awesome name, even BETTER slogan.  The first competition was a dance competition where each team had 2 minutes to come up with a 1 and a half minute long dance performance (unfortunately you can find a video of this dance on facebook).  This was followed by a series of other classic camp games.  Our team kinda sucked...but it was still so much fun.  Before leaving we had another photo shoot and were given bundles of Vietnamese junk foods for participating.

Dinner tonight was incredible!  As weird as it sounds we went to this amazing burger restaurant where I literally had the best burger I've had in my entire life.  I don't know if it was because I haven't had American food in a week, but this thing was the best.  Perfectly cooked 100% Australian beef patty, avocado, tomato, lettuce, and jalepeno all placed between two pieces of homemade dark rye bread.  Pure deliciousness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment